The Vitamix A2500 costs $50 more than the inexpensive A2300 due to its three program settings for Smoothies, Hot Soups, and Frozen Desserts.
A2300 lacks these preset programs. Yet, they both offer professional-grade blending performance and are exceptionally built for durability.
I highly recommend getting the A2500 over the Vitamix 750 if you want easy-to-use controls, preset programs, versatility, and a 64-oz container!
Like all Ascent Series blenders, the A2500 has a 10-Year full warranty and supports various Vitamix containers and the food processor attachment.
Vitamix A2500 Review: Key Features & Benefits
2.2 Horsepower Smart System Motor Base
All Ascent Series Vitamix models feature a smart system motor base with a powerful 2.2-horsepower motor and built-in wireless connectivity.
The built-in wireless SELF-DETECT technology recognizes and auto-adjusts its settings to match the container in use, so you can always get consistent blends.
Easy-to-Use Control Settings
Like Vitamix Professional 750 and A2300, the Vitamix A2500 has easy-to-use, straightforward control settings. They include:
- A premium variable speed control dial is in the middle to manually adjust its 10-Speed settings and the three preset programs.
- On one end of the dial is an On/Off switch; on the other, there is a pulse switch for precision control of the blending process.
- A digital timer is conveniently placed at the top of the dial. It counts the blending time, so you can always get consistent results.
The A2500 is an exceptional choice if you want an Ascent Series blender with useful preset programs and easy-to-use controls.
Bluetooth Connectivity + Vitamix Perfect Blend App
Besides the SELF-DETECT technology, the Vitamix Ascent Series blenders also feature built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
This is my favorite feature with these smart system blender models, as it allows them to evolve with the latest technology in years to come.
The Bluetooth connectivity allows you to pair the blender with Android and iOS devices to access the Vitamix Perfect Blend App.
With the Vitamix Perfect Blend app, you will unlock the blender’s full potential with access to 17 more preset programs and 500+ recipes.
Build-in Digital Timer
Like the A2300, A2500 features a built-in digital timer that displays how long you have been blending to achieve consistent blends every time!
But unlike with Vitamix A3500 and A3300, the digital timer is not programmable. It only indicates the blending time – just like a stopwatch!
64-oz Low-Profile Container with SELF-DETECT
The Vitamix A2500 has a 64-oz low-profile container with SELF-DETECT. It is the same container as all the other Ascent Series models and the V1200.
This container and all its components, including the lid and lid plug, are made of BPA-free plastic and are self-cleaning and dishwasher safe.
TIP: I always recommend self-cleaning the container rather than putting it in the dishwasher, as it often weakens plastic and rubber with prologued use!
That said, the Vitamix A2500, along with the other three Ascent Series models and the Costco V1200, is compatible with these containers and accessories:
- Vitamix 48-oz container with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix Dry Grains 48-oz container with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix 48-oz stainless steel container.
- Vitamix 48-oz Aer Disc container.
- Vitamix 20-oz blending cups with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix 8-oz blending bowls with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix 12-cup food processor attachment with SELF-DETECT.
NOTE: These containers and the food processor attachment are sold separately.
I always recommend self-cleaning the container. The entire process takes about 5 minutes:
- Add warm water halfway and a drop of dish soap.
- Turn the blender to speed 10 for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Pour the blended soapy water over the lid and lid plug.
- Rinse the container, lid, and plug over cold running water.
- Dry them with a cloth or place them on a drying rack.
It’s super easy! And you should do it just after blending to ensure the blends don’t stick and dry to the sides of the jar and lid.
Weight & Size
The A2500 motor base measures 11 by 8 inches. So, it will take a small footprint on the kitchen counter. It has a 4 feet power cord!
It stands 17 inches tall with a 64-oz low-profile container on top and weighs 11.86 pounds (5.5 kg). So, it’s quite a large, heavy blender!
10-Year Full Warranty
All Vitamix blenders are US-made in Cleveland, Ohio, with full warranties. The A2500 has a 10-Year full warranty covering parts, labor, performance, and two-way shipping!
Vitamix A2500 Review: Pros
- Professional-grade performance at great pricing!
- It has three presets for Smoothies, Hot Soups, and Frozen Desserts.
- A premium build quality for durability even with daily use.
- Super-easy-to-use control settings with a pulse switch.
- A 64-oz BPA-free container that’s self-cleaning and dishwasher-safe.
- The Vitamix blades pulverize even the tiniest of seeds.
- The lid plug doubles as an ounce measuring cup.
- It has a digital timer that counts the blending time.
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity to pair with your phone/iPad.
- It comes with the Vitamix S2 low-profile tamper.
- A massive 10-year full warranty for your peace of mind!
- It’s available in Black, Red, White, and Slate colors.
Vitamix A2500 Review: Cons
- The digital timer is not programmable.
- The blender is quite loud, even in medium settings.
Vitamix A2500 Review: FAQs + Brutally Honest Answers!
1. Is A2500 Vitamix Worth It?
Yes, the Vitamix A2500 is worth every cent! It has a powerful 2.2-horsepower motor, a 10-Year warranty, and easy-to-use controls with three preset programs for Smoothies, Hot Soups, and Frozen Desserts.
2. Vitamix A2500 vs A2500i: What’s the Difference?
The difference between the Vitamix A2500 and A2500i is that the A2500 has a 120V electrical power rating for US and Canadian use. In contrast, the A2500i has a 220 – 240V power rating for UK, Australian, and European use!
3. How Many Horsepower is Vitamix A2500?
The Vitamix A2500 has a 2.2-horsepower motor powerful enough to blend virtually any ingredient, from pulverizing veggies and fruits when making smoothies to grinding barista-quality coffee and crushing bar-quality snow-like ice.
4. Is Vitamix A2500 Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, the Vitamix A2500 container is dishwasher-safe! It has a 64-oz low-profile container that’s also self-cleaning. I, however, recommend self-cleaning the container as the regular use of the dishwasher weakens it.
5. What is the Difference Between Ascent A2500 and A3300?
The A2500 has a premium variable speed control knob with three preset programs and a digital timer. In contrast, A3300 has a premium digital variable speed control knob, a touchscreen panel, and a programmable timer.
6. What Can You Make with Vitamix A2500?
The Vitamix A2500 has a high-powered 2.2-HP motor that can cut through even the toughest ingredients and pulverize even the tiniest seeds. It can make:
- Amazing fruits and veggies smoothies.
- Hot soups from cold ingredients in under 10 minutes.
- Delicious frozen desserts, smoothie bowls, and baby foods.
- Crush bar-quality ice to make iced drinks and frozen margaritas.
- Knead dough and mix butter with dough.
- Silky-smooth nut butter and buttermilk.
- Salad dressings and sauces and dips.
- Bar-quality blended cocktails and mocktails.
The 64-oz container has a 4-inch aircraft-grade stainless steel blade that can chop, grind, blend, pulverize, emulsify, and heat cold ingredients with friction heat.
7. Is Vitamix A2500 Easy to Use?
Yes! The Vitamix A2500 features the traditional, easy-to-use variable 10-Speed control knob with three preset programs. It also has a digital timer, pulse switch, and an On/Off switch that are pretty straightforward.
8. Vitamix A2300 vs A2500: Which is Better?
The A2300 is the most inexpensive Ascent Series Vitamix. But for an extra $50, you can get the A2500 with three preset programs for Smoothies, Hot Soups, and Frozen Desserts, making it the best for walk-away blending convenience.
9. What Size Container is the Vitamix A2500?
The Vitamix A2500 has a 64-oz low-profile container with SELF-DETECT. The container and its components (lid and lid plug) are all clear-colored BPA-free plastic.
10. What Comes with Vitamix A2500?
The Vitamix A2500 comes with:
- 2.2-horsepower motor base.
- 64-oz low-profile container with SELF-DETECT.
- S2 low-profile tamper.
- Simply blending cookbook
Vitamix A2500 Review: Final Word + My Alternative Recommendations!
The Vitamix A2500 is a household blender built for multi-purpose use and durability. It affords professional-grade performance and blends to amazing consistency in all your recipes.
A2500 has three preset programs for Smoothies, Hot Soups, and Frozen Desserts. It has Bluetooth connectivity to pair it with Android and iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) to access the Vitamix Perfect Blend App.
The app unlocks extra functionalities, including 17 preset programs and over 500 recipes. Besides, you can also use the blender as a food processor with the 12-cup Vitamix food processor attachment!