1. Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – Overall Best Phone for TikTok Videos
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is one of the best phones for TikTok in 2022. Its only competition is the iPhone 13 Pro Max, which doesn’t even measure up in terms of camera capabilities.
With the S22 Ultra, you won’t need any other phone or camera for TikTok. It’s the ultimate smartphone out there for taking eye-catching videos and photos with incredible detail and clarity!
A Quick Overview S22 Ultra Key Specs for TikTok:
Rear Camera: 108MP Wide-Angle, 12MP Ultra Wide-Angle, Dual 10MP Telephoto
Camera Zoom: 100x Space Zoom
Front Camera: 40MP Selfie Camera
Storage: Options for either 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
SD Card Slot: No, But You Get FREE OneDrive 100GB Cloud Storage
Screen Size: 6.8” Edge Quad HD+
Battery Life: Up to a Whopping 14.25 Hours
Weight: 229 Grams
Colors: Burgundy, Green, Phantom White, & Phantom Black (Online Exclusive: Graphite, Sky Blue, & Red)
S Pen Compatibility: Yes, Comes with a Built-In S Pen
Security Features: Ultrasonic Fingerprint & Face recognition
Water Resistance: Yes, IP68 up to 5 Meters Deep for Up to 30 Minutes.
Why Should You Get the S22 Ultra for TikTok?
- Best in-class camera phone that shoots smooth and vividly clear TikToks and photos to put you among the top 1% TikTokers in terms of crispy-clear video quality.
- The S22 Ultra features four magnificent cameras on the rear. A massive 108MP wide-angle main camera and a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera that does a wonderful job when taking group photos and videos.
- You also get dual 10MP telephoto cameras at the back. It comes with a 100X space zoom that includes 10x optical zoom which is impressively clear and 100x digital zoom with AI super-resolution technology.
- It has a 40MP front camera (selfie camera) which is as great as the rear camera. in fact, you can shoot terrific TikToks in the selfie mode and outcompete even the iPhone uses in terms of quality.
- The S22 Ultra is rated IP68 for water and dust resistance. It’s made with a strong and durable Armor aluminum frame and a Gorilla glass screen display.
- With the S22 Ultra, you get massive storage capabilities. You can go with the lower end that gets you 128GB storage or consider the upper end that gives you 1TB of storage. But I recommend you get the 256GB or 512GB storage.
- It features a powerful 5,000mAh battery that will last a whopping 14.25 hours with the standard refresh rate or up to 10.5 hours with the adaptive refresh rate enabled.
- The S22 Ultra comes with a 45W super fast-charging capability. In real-life experience, you will get your battery back to full in just 62 minutes with a 45W charger.
- What’s more, the S22 Ultra comes with a built-in S Pen compartment. How cool? Yes, you don’t have to go through the awkwardness and agony of wondering where to keep your S Pen. And as for the phone, the S Pen is also water and dust-resistant.
Drawbacks of the S22 Ultra for TikTok + Remedies:
- With all its great camera and phone features, the S22 Ultra is quite pricey. But the good thing is that some stores such as this Samsung Online Shop allow you to get it on a reasonable and manageable payment plan.
- While the S22 Ultra phone and S Pen are water and dust-resistant, they are not waterproof. The IP68 rating is for up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Simply put, you can take your phone to the swimming pool for up to 30 minutes.
- Doesn’t include an SD card slot. But to remedy this, Samsung offers you a massive six-month FREE trial of OneDrive 100GB cloud storage. By that time, your TikToks will be viral, and you will afford the monthly subscription to this affordable but wonderful cloud storage.
A Quick Comparison S22 Ultra vs S22 Plus vs S22 Phones for TikTok
The main reason for getting the S22 Ultra over the S22 Plus and S22 phones for TikTok is the cameras. The photos and TikTok videos on these three phones are worlds apart. This is how the S22 Ultra vs S22 Plus vs S22 phones compare:
- The S22 Ultra features an impressive 40MP Selfie Camera that does a wonderful job when taking eye-catching TikTok videos. But both the S22 Plus and the S22 have a standard 10MP Selfie Camera that will only take “ok” TikToks.
- Things get even more competitive when you consider the main cameras. The S22 Ultra comes with a 108MP wide-angle main camera that captures incredible detail and clarity. Yet, both the S22 Plus and S22 feature 50MP wide-angle main cameras.
- All these three Samsung Galaxy S22 models come with the same 12MP ultra wide-angle camera at the back on top of their wide-angle main cameras. But the ultra-wide angle camera is only useful when shooting group photos and capturing group “dance” TikTok videos.
- To set the three S22 models apart, the S22 Ultra features two more 10MP telephoto cameras at the back with 100X Space Zoom. But both the S22 Plus and S22 come with just one 10MP telephoto camera and 30X Space Zoom.
- TIP: In simple terms, the S22 Ultra has four cameras on the back, a 108MP main camera with incredible detail and clarity. Plus a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera and two 10MP telephoto cameras with 100X space zoom.
On the other hand, both the S22 Plus and S22 have three cameras at the back. A 50MP main camera that is great but not as impressive as that of the S22 Ultra. Plus a 12MP ultra wide-angle camera and one 10MP telephoto camera with 30X space zoom.
When you search S22 Ultra on TikTok, you will notice that most of the videos are taken with the selfie camera. That tells you it’s better to get the S22 Ultra due to its magnificent 40MP front camera over the S22 Plus and S22 that come with just 10MP front cameras.
2. iPhone 13 Pro Max – Best iPhone for TikTok Videos
Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max have become the standard smartphone for social media content creators.
They are not just the best phones for TikTok videos, but also the best iPhones to capture awesome Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, and even shoot in-depth YouTube vlogs.
While the S22 Ultra has incredibly powerful cameras, the iPhone 13 Pro Max features the Pro 12MP camera system that is equally as powerful and much easier to use!
TIP: I would recommend the iPhone over the S22 Ultra for guys who want not only the best phone for TikTokl videos, but also better battery power and a user-friendly smartphone to take, edit, and post-TikTok videos hassle-free!
A Quick Overview of iPhone 13 Pro Max Key Specs for TikTok:
Rear Camera: Pro 12MP Camera System (Telephoto, Wide, and Ultra Wide)
Camera Zoom: 6x Optical Zoom Range, 15x Digital Zoom
Front Camera: 12MP Selfie Shooter
Storage: Options for either 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
SD Card Slot: No
Screen Size: 6.7-inch (diagonal) All-Screen OLED Display
Battery Life: Up to 25 Hours of TikTok Streaming
Weight: 240 Grams
Colors: Alpine Green, Silver, Gold, Graphite, & Sierra Blue
Security Features: Face ID
Water Resistance: Yes, IP68 up to 6 Meters Deep for Up to 30 Minutes.
Why Should You Get the iPhone 13 Pro Max for TikTok?
- The iPhone 13 Pro Max has an incredibly powerful camera technology that rivals some high-end digital cameras.
- Unlike the S22 Ultra which features individual cameras with different megapixels, the iPhone 13 Pro Max comes with the Pro 12MP camera system for Telephoto, Wide, and Ultra Wide.
- TIP: Apple still uses 12MP cameras on the iPhones for three important reasons: storage space, processing time, and low light photo quality.
- So, your photos, videos, and TikToks won’t take much space in your phone storage, but they will still be of magnificent quality with vivid details and clarity.
- My favorite feature of the iPhone 13 Pro max camera system is the Sensor-shift optical image stabilization. It allows you to take smooth hand-held TikTok videos without the appearance of a camera shake, without the need for a tripod.
- The other camera feature that is worth noting for taking TikTok videos includes macro video recording, including slo‑mo and time‑lapse.
- Both the rear and selfie cameras have a cinematic mode for recording videos with a shallow depth of field (1080p at 30 fps), which is quite a handy feature when taking TikTok videos with a background blur and only you in focus.
Taking your TikTok videos with the iPhone 13 Pro Max is a much easier and hassle-free experience than when using the S22 Ultra. It might explain why it’s one of the best phones for TikTok videos and the most widely used phone among the highest-paid TikTokers.
Drawbacks of the iPhone 13 Pro Max for TikTok + Remedies:
- Like the S22 Ultra, Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro Max is quite an investment! That’s why I recommend taking advantage of the payment plans offered by Apple that are as low as $41.62/mo including an option for trade-in.
A Quick Comparison of iPhone 13 Pro vs 13 Pro Max Phones for TikTok
The main difference between iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max is size, which also affects their battery life.
The iPhone 13 Pro Max that I highly recommend has a much larger 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion, whereas the iPhone 13 Pro has a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion.
Due to the size difference, the 13 Pro offers you a battery life of up to 20 hours of TikTok video streaming, while the larger 13 Pro Max will get you a whopping 25 hours.
They both support fast charging. Apple says you can get either of them up to 50% charge in 35 minutes with the 20W adapter.
In the box, you only get the iPhone and a USB-C to Lightning Cable. You have to get the charging adapter separately.
That said, both of them are compatible with MagSafe accessories and wireless chargers. The 13 Pro weighs 204 grams, while the 13 Pro Max weighs 240 grams.