The Vitamix A2300 is the most affordable Ascent Series model. It falls within the same price range as the all-time best-selling Vitamix 5200.
The A2300 features a digital timer, a premium 10-Speed control knob that’s easy to use, a pulse function, and built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
It has a 10-Year full warranty and supports various Vitamix containers and accessories, including the 12-cup food processor attachment.
The A2300 is a professional-grade blender that makes amazing smoothies, snow-like crushed ice, and hot soups and prepares most recipes consistently!
Vitamix A2300 Review: Key Features & Benefits
The Vitamix A2300 is one of the five Ascent Series blender models. The others are the Vitamix A2500, A3300, A3500, and V1200, a Costco-exclusive model.
2.2 Horsepower Smart System Motor Base
All the Ascent Series Vitamix models, including the A2300, feature a high-powered smart system 2.2-horsepower motor base. They are designed for top-notch performance, connectivity, and durability.
The blender base has built-in wireless SELF-DETECT technology that recognizes and auto-adjusts its settings to match the container and accessories you use to blend so you can always get consistent blends.
Easy-to-Use Control Settings
One thing that sets the A2300 apart from the other models in the Ascent Series platform is the easy-to-use control settings you get with traditional Vitamix blender models like the 5200, E320, and 7500.
- A premium variable speed control knob is in the middle to manually adjust its 10-Speed blending settings.
- On one end of the knob is an On/Off switch; on the other, there is a pulse switch for precision control of the blending process.
- A digital timer is conveniently placed at the top of the knob. It counts the blending time, so you can always get consistent results.
The easy-to-use control settings make the A2300 an exceptional choice for families with non-tech-savvy members who wouldn’t want to fuss with more techy control settings like a touch panel and countdown timers.
Bluetooth Connectivity + Vitamix Perfect Blend App
Unlike the A3500 and A2500, the Vitamix A2300 lacks preprogrammed settings. But its built-in Bluetooth connectivity lets you pair it with Android and iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) to access the Vitamix Perfect Blend App.
The Vitamix Perfect Blend App allows you to access 17 preset programs and 500+ recipes. The app works with all the Ascent Series blenders, including A2500, A3300, A3500, and even the Costco exclusive V1200.
Build-in Digital Timer
As mentioned, A2300 features a built-in digital timer that displays how long your blender has been running, which helps achieve consistent blends every time!
But unlike with A3300 and A3500, the digital timer is not programmable. It only indicates the blending time – just like a stopwatch!
64-oz Low-Profile Container with SELF-DETECT
The Vitamix A2300 has a 64-oz low-profile container with SELF-DETECT. It is the same container as all the other Ascent Series models and the V1200.
This container and all its components, including the lid and lid plug, are made of BPA-free plastic and are self-cleaning and dishwasher safe.
TIP: I always recommend self-cleaning the container rather than putting it in the dishwasher, as it often weakens plastic and rubber with prologued use!
That said, the Vitamix A2300, along with the other three Ascent Series models and the Costco V1200, is compatible with these containers and accessories:
- Vitamix 48-oz container with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix Dry Grains 48-oz container with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix 20-oz blending cups with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix 8-oz blending bowls with SELF-DETECT.
- Vitamix 48-oz stainless steel container.
- Vitamix 48-oz Aer Disc container.
- Vitamix 12-cup food processor attachment with SELF-DETECT.
NOTE: These containers and the food processor attachment are sold separately.
I always recommend self-cleaning the container. The entire process takes less than 5 minutes:
- Add warm water halfway and a drop of dish soap.
- Turn the blender to the highest speed for 35 seconds.
- Pour the blended soapy water over the lid and lid plug.
- Rinse the container, lid, and plug over cold running water.
- Dry them with a cloth or place them on a drying rack.
It’s super easy! And you should do it just after blending to ensure the blends don’t stick and dry to the sides of the jar and lid.
Weight & Size
The A2300 motor base measures 11 by 8 inches. So, it will take a small footprint on the kitchen counter. It has a 4 feet power cord!
It stands 17 inches tall with a 64-oz low-profile container on top and weighs 11.86 pounds (5.5 kg). So, it’s quite a large, heavy blender!
10-Year Full Warranty
All Vitamix blenders are US-made in Cleveland, Ohio, with full warranties. The A2300 has a 10-Year full warranty covering parts, labor, performance, and two-way shipping!
Vitamix A2300 Review: Pros
- Reasonable pricing for professional-grade performance.
- A premium build quality for durability even with daily use.
- Super-easy-to-use control settings with a pulse switch.
- A large 64-oz container to prepare medium to large batches.
- It’s BPA-free, self-cleaning, and dishwasher-safe.
- The Vitamix blades pulverize even the tiniest of seeds.
- The lid plug doubles as an ounce measuring cup.
- It has a digital timer that counts the blending time.
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity to pair with your phone/iPad.
- It comes with the Vitamix S2 low-profile tamper.
- A massive 10-year full warranty for your peace of mind!
- It’s available in Black, Red, White, and Slate colors.
Vitamix A2300 Review: Cons
- It’s still quite loud, even at medium blending speeds!
- The digital timer should be a countdown timer.
Vitamix A2300 Review: FAQs + Brutally Honest Answers!
1. Is A2300 Vitamix Worth It?
Yes, the Vitamix A2300 is worth every penny! It has super easy-to-use control settings and a powerful 2.2-HP motor that blends virtually any ingredient to consistency!
2. Vitamix A2300 vs A2300i: What’s the Difference?
The difference between the Vitamix A2300 and A2300i is that the A2300 has a 120V electrical power rating for US and Canadian use. In contrast, the A2300i has a 220 – 240V power rating for UK, Australian, and European use!
3. What Can You Make with Vitamix A2300?
The Vitamix A2300 can make virtually any blendable recipe. It has a powerful 2.2-HP motor to cut through tough ingredients and pulverize even the tiniest seeds. It will make:
- Silky-smooth veggies and fruits smoothies;
- Bar-quality snow-like crushed ice;
- Grind barista-quality coffee;
- Amazing hot soups;
- A wide range of tasty baby foods;
- Bar-quality blended cocktails and mocktails;
- Salad dressings and sauces and dips;
- Smooth nut butter and nut milk;
- Knead dough and mix butter with dough; and
- Smoothie bowls and frozen desserts!
Despite being much more affordable than the other Ascent Series models, the A2300 still provides the professional-grade blending performance of the Vitamix smart system blender platform.
4. Is Vitamix A2300 Easy to Use?
The Vitamix A2300 is the easiest-to-use of all the Ascent Series models. The control settings are straightforward, with a variable 10-Speed control dial, a pulse switch, an On/Off switch, and a digital timer.
5. Is the Vitamix A2300 Easy to Clean?
Yes, cleaning the Vitamix A2300 is exceptionally easy! Just add warm water halfway and a drop of dish soap. Then run the blender for 35 seconds. Pour the soapy water over the lid and rinse them thoroughly over cold water. Done!
6. What Size Container is the Vitamix A2300?
The Vitamix A2300 has a 64-oz low-profile container with SELF-DETECT. The container and its components (lid and lid plug) are all clear-colored BPA-free plastic.
7. What Comes with Vitamix A2300?
The Vitamix A2300 comes with:
- 2.2-horsepower motor base.
- 64-oz low-profile container with SELF-DETECT.
- S2 low-profile tamper.
- Simply blending cookbook
8. How Many Horsepower is a Vitamix Ascent A2300?
The Vitamix A2300 has a 2.2-horsepower motor. It’s powerful enough to cut through tough ingredients for consistent blends all the time.
9. Is Vitamix Dry Container Necessary?
The Vitamix dry container is necessary if you regularly blend dry ingredients and want the best results. It’s suitable for grinding barista-quality coffee and milling dry grains and cereals.
10. Vitamix A2300 vs A2500: Which is Better?
Both the two Vitamix Ascent Series models are exceptionally great! The main difference between the A2300 and A2500 is the three preprogrammed settings that come with the A2500 for an extra $50.
Vitamix A2300 Review: Final Word + My Alternative Recommendations!
A2300 features Bluetooth wireless connectivity that lets you pair it with the Vitamix Perfect Blend App to access extra functionalities, including 17 preset programs and over 500 recipes. The app is available on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
The A2300 is future-proofed and highly versatile. It supports many containers and accessories, including the 12-cup Vitamix food processor. You also get a 10-Year warranty for your peace of mind!
Its premium build quality ensures unmatched durability and flawless performance even with daily use! The A2300 is the Vitamix blender I recommend getting if you want easy-to-use control settings with multipurpose capabilities!