NutriBullet is the undisputed best personal blender brand. In fact, the NutriBullet Pro 900 is the most popular and best-selling compact blender for smoothies, shakes, and frozen drinks.
If you’ve already done that, you probably wonder if your new NutriBullet is dishwasher-safe. The quick answer is YES. NutriBullet cups, lids, and lip rings are top-rack dishwasher-safe!
NOTE: Despite being dishwasher-safe, I highly recommend handwashing your NutriBullet components since, over time, the dishwasher heat weakens and clouds the plastic!
Is NutriBullet Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, all NutriBullet blending cups, lids, comfort lip rings, and other accessories are top-rack dishwasher-safe. NutriBullet recommends rinsing before loading them in the dishwasher.
NOTE: To clean the NutriBullet motor base, unplug it from the power supply and use a soft, dampened cloth to wipe it clean! Ensure the base does NOT come into contact with water!
Can You Put NutriBullet Pitcher in Dishwasher?
Yes, you can put the NutriBullet pitcher in the top rack of the dishwasher! But I recommend handwashing the pitcher in the sink with dish soap to clean it better!
NOTE: Most smoothie enthusiasts claim putting the plastic pitchers and blending cups in the dishwasher creates an irreversible cloudiness on the container surface, inside and outside.
Which NutriBullet Models are Dishwasher Safe?
All NutriBullet models are dishwasher safe, except the NutriBullet immersion blender. So you can put the components of NutriBullet 600, Pro 900, Pro 1000, Pro+, and Rx in the dishwasher!
Is NutriBullet Smart Touch Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, the NutriBullet smart touch blender is top-rack dishwasher-safe! All its components, including the 64-oz pitcher, lid, and tamper, except the motor base, can go into the dishwasher!
The components of the NutriBullet Blender Combo, including the blending cups, are also top-rack dishwasher-safe. But you should avoid putting the extractor blades in the dishwasher!
How to Clean NutriBullet Blender Blade
To clean the NutriBullet blender blade, use a soft brush, warm water, and dish soap to brush under the blades, around the rubber seal, and the blade gasket threads.
TIP: If the blades have visible stains, submerge them overnight in a white vinegar solution in a large plastic container or the kitchen sink. Use one cup of vinegar for every 10 cups of water!
Rinse off the vinegar and use a soft brush, warm water, and dish soap to wash the blade assembly. Always rinse the components with cold running water thoroughly after hand washing!
The blades are often the trickiest part to clean in any blender, not just NutriBullet. While they are dishwasher-safe, you should hand wash them to give them a longer lifespan!
Over time, the dishwasher heat may damage the gaskets, causing the blades to loosen. Loose blades won’t blend efficiently; they may fall out in extreme cases!
How to Clean Nutribullet Blender Base
If you’re new to the NutriBullet family, you probably would like to know how to clean the bottom of the NutriBullet blender for proper maintenance and care for long-lasting performance.
- You should never let the motor base come into contact with water. Unplug it from the power supply if it accidentally contacts water, and use a dry towel to wipe it dry!
- You should observe the same routine if liquid blends spill on the motor base. Stop the blending process, unplug it from the power supply, and wipe it with a dry towel or cloth.
- If the motor base is dirty with blend residue and dust, use a soft, dampened cloth to wipe it clean. Then, let it dry fully before plugging it back into the power supply.
NOTE: While this is a no-brainer, I think I should put it here: Never put the motor base in the dishwasher! Also, remember always to unplug it from the power supply after use!
How Do You Clean a Smelly NutriBullet?
To stop your NutriBullet from smelling, soak it overnight in a white vinegar solution, deep clean it with warm, soapy water the next day, and rinse it thoroughly with cold running water.
NutriBullet pitchers and cups retain rotten smells after prolonged use without thorough cleaning. They also tend to get cloudy. The vinegar solution also removes the cloudiness.
The procedure for deep cleaning the foul-smelling and cloudy NutriBullet cups is always the same for other blender containers and pitchers. You can easily deep clean them with these easy steps:
What You Will Need:
- A liter of white vinegar.
- Dishwashing soap.
- A non-abrasive scoring pad.
- A large plastic bucket. (The kitchen sink with a sink stopper will work!)
- Baking soda. (Optional)
- Soft brush.
Deep Washing Procedure – How to Wash a NutriBullet:
- Disassemble the NutriBullet cup or pitcher by removing the lid or blade.
- Rinse them to remove any food residue from your previous blending.
- Securely put the sink stopper in place. You can use a large plastic bucket.
- Put the NutriBullet cup, lid, blade, and other accessories inside the sink/bucket.
- Pour in half a liter of white vinegar and add water until they are fully submerged!
- Let them soak for about two hours. I recommend overnight for the best results.
- Drain off the white vinegar solution the next day and rinse the components.
- Use the scoring pad and dishwashing soap to deep clean them like other utensils.
- You can create a baking soda paste and use a soft brush to clean inside the cups.
- Finally, thoroughly rinse them with cold running water and dry them with a kitchen cloth!
How to Clean a NutriBullet – Best Tips!
The best way to always keep your NutriBullet pitchers, blending cups, lids, and blades clean without any foul-smelling odors and cloudiness is to clean them right after using!
Yes, right after using them, thoroughly hand wash the cups, pitcher, and other components with warm water and dish soap, then rinse them and use a kitchen cloth to dry them.
But we know this isn’t often possible because, at times, you just want to make your smoothie and actually enjoy it or drink it as you go to the gym, office, or school!
In that case, I suggest you make it a routine to clean these components every other week or once a month to enjoy making your healthy recipes without contaminating the blends!
NutriBullet blenders are powerful compact machines, but cleaning them can be a hassle, especially if you regularly make thick, creamy smoothies and frozen drinks.
This quick article should help you easily clean your NutriBullet in the dishwasher, deep clean it by handwashing, and thoroughly clean cloudy and smelly blending cups.