The Ninja kitchen appliances brand is known for its extremely powerful, versatile, and durable blenders that come at great value pricing!
If you want to buy an affordable blender, check out this comprehensive guide for the best Ninja blenders with discounted deals for 2023.
But if you already have one, you probably wonder if Ninja blenders are Dishwasher safe. The quick answer is YES: Ninja blenders are top-rack dishwasher-safe!
In fact, most blender brands, including the best Vitamix blenders, come with top-rack dishwasher-safe containers, lids, and accessories.
TIP: I highly recommend self-cleaning and handwashing the blender components since the dishwasher weakens plastic and rubber!
Are Ninja Blenders Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, all Ninja blenders are top-rack dishwasher-safe! You can put all the Ninja blender components and parts in the dishwasher except the motor base!
To clean the Ninja blender motor base, use a soft, dampened cloth to wipe it clean! Ensure it doesn’t come into contact with water to avoid damaging it!
Which Ninja Models are Dishwasher Safe?
Almost all full-size Ninja models in circulation have dishwasher-safe components. That includes the 72-oz total-crushing pitcher you get with popular models like:
- Ninja BN701 Professional Plus Blender with Auto-iQ
- Ninja BL610 Professional Blender 1000
- Ninja BL660 Professional Blender with Single-Serve
- Ninja BN801 Professional Plus Kitchen System with Auto-iQ
All the personal-size Ninja models in circulation also come with dishwasher-safe blending cups in different sizes. They include Ninja models like:
- Ninja BN401 Nutri-Blender Pro with Auto-iQ,
- Ninja BN301, QB3001SS Ninja Fit,
- Ninja Blast Portable Blender,
- Ninja SS151 TWISTi Blender DUO, and
- Ninja SS101 Foodi Smoothie Maker and Nutrient Extractor Auto-iQ.
All Ninja CREAMi components are top-rack dishwasher-safe, including my favorite, the Ninja NC501 CREAMi Deluxe 11-in-1 Ice Cream and Frozen Treat Maker.
The Ninja NF701 Professional XL food processor 12-cup processing bowl, all attachments, and accessories are also top-rack dishwasher-safe.
TIP: The easiest way to know if your blender is dishwasher-safe is by checking the user manual of your specific Ninja model for cleaning instructions and warnings!
Is the Ninja 1000W Blender Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, the Ninja 1000w blender’s 72-oz pitcher and its components, including the total-crushing blades, are top-rack dishwasher safe!
What Parts of Ninja Blender are Dishwasher Safe?
Most of the Ninja blender components, including the blending cups, pitchers, lids, lid plugs, and blade assembly, are all top-rack dishwasher-safe.
NOTE: Always use the top rack of the dishwasher. It’s the least hot and thus helps minimize the weakening of the plastic and rubber components over time!
Are Ninja Blender Cups Dishwasher-Safe?
Yes, all Ninja blender cups are top–rack dishwasher-safe! That includes the smallest 8-oz cup bowl, 16-oz, 18-oz, 20-oz, and 24-oz to-go blending cups.
The 34-oz pitcher of the space-saving Ninja SS151 TWISTi Blender DUO is also dishwasher-safe and, of course, the popular 72-oz total-crushing pitcher.
3 Easiest Ways to Clean a Ninja Blender (All Models)
You can clean your Ninja blender components in 3 easy methods. Using the dishwasher is just one of them. The others are self-cleaning or handwashing!
How to Clean a Ninja Blender in the Dishwasher – The Right Way in 2 Easy Steps
- Before loading the Ninja blender containers in the dishwasher, scrape off any remaining blend residue. You don’t need to pre-rinse!
- Next, load them in the top-rack dishwasher, like other dishwasher-safe utensils. That includes the blade assembly for Ninja blender cups.
Two Important Things to Note:
- If the pitcher doesn’t fit in the top rack, use the other cleaning methods to avoid ruining the delicate BPA-free plastic over time in the bottom rack!
- The latest dishwashers have a concealed heating element, meaning the heat is evenly distributed. In such cases, you can load them in any rack!
How to Self-Clean a Ninja Blender in 5 Easy Steps
Self-cleaning is the most effective way to clean your Ninja blender pitcher, cups, lids, and blade assembly to give them a long life! The 5-step process takes about 2 minutes:
- Immediately after use, scrape off any remaining blends from the pitcher. You don’t need to rinse unless you make thick, creamy blends.
- Next, fill the pitcher or cup halfway with warm water and add a drop of dish soap. Securely put back the lid or blade assembly!
- Set it on the Ninja blender base and blend at the highest speed for about 30 seconds. You can use the pulse button if your Ninja model has one.
- Remove the pitcher or cup from the blender and pour the blended soapy water over the lid or blade assembly – in the kitchen sink!
- Finally, thoroughly rinse the containers and other components under cold running water. Dry them with a cloth or set them on the rack.
How to Handwash a Ninja Blender
Sometimes, you will notice that some stubborn food particles, especially fibrous veggies, are stuck between the Ninja blades and rubber seals.
Careful handwashing is the best way to remove these particles. You should often do this occasionally, even while using the other cleaning methods!
You should disassemble the parts and carefully handwash them in the kitchen sink with a soft sponge, just like you would do with other kitchen utensils.
Are Ninja Blenders Easy to Clean?
Yes, Ninja blenders are super easy to clean. You can easily disassemble the parts and handwash them, self-clean the blender, or use the top rack of the dishwasher!
That said, always consult your specific Ninja model user manual for the right cleaning instructions, the correct dishwasher rack to put it in, and the detergent!