Hypage is a unique link-in-bio tool that helps creators make money by selling digital products, exclusive content, memberships, and donations.
It features a drag-and-drop builder that lets you create professional-looking websites and connect a custom domain for branding!
It combines the excellent features of Linktree, Gumroad, Patreon, MailChimp, Ko-fi, and Buy Me a Coffee in one incredibly easy-to-use platform.
TL;DR: Hypage Review: A Quick Preview of Its Features!
- Compiles all your links in one place – which replaces Linktree.
- Allows you to sell digital content – which replaces Gumroad.
- It lets you create memberships with gated content – which replaces Patreon.
- Allows you to accept instant donations, replacing Ko-fi & Buy Me a Coffee.
- It lets you curate an email list – which replaces Substack.
NOTE: Unlike these platforms it replaces, Hypage takes zero subscription fees. You only pay a flat monthly fee and keep all your earnings!
Hypage Review: Key Features and Benefits
1. Customize Your Bio-Link with Hypage
At its core, it lets you easily create a micro-landing page with multiple links to share on your Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram link-in-bio section.
With Hypage’s intuitive drag-and-drop builder, you can create a gorgeous landing page with link buttons that stand out.
You can also add content previews, embed rich media, add links to your other social media accounts, and customize the page with your branding colors!
And you connect your custom domain to take full control of your branding. Read more about Hypage as an alternative to Linktree in this guide.
2. Sell Digital Products with Hypage
Hypage lets you connect your Stripe and PayPal accounts and sell premium digital content from your bio link to your followers and fans.
Like popular platforms like Gumroad and Payhip, Hypage will handle file storage, delivery, security, payment processing, and user access.
All you need to do is create your premium digital content like eBooks, PDFs, music files, podcasts, videos, and so on, and add it to your Hypage.
With Hypage, you can sell any downloadable digital content. If you can download it online, you can sell it via Hypage!
3. Create and Sell Memberships with Hypage
Most social media creators use platforms like Patreon to create, host, and sell memberships to their gated, premium content.
But with Hypage, you can create these memberships, and your fans can sign up and get the content directly through your bio link.
You can gate your premium content like blog posts, podcasts, videos, and tutorials and charge for access to enjoy recurring revenue!
4. Accept Requests & Donations with Hypage
Popular platforms like Ko-fi and Buy Me a Coffee are excellent solutions for accepting fans’ requests and donations.
But Hypage is a perfect alternative to these platforms, as it allows you to collect these donations instantly in your Stripe and PayPal.
All you need is to include a donation and requests block into your Hypage bio link page, and your followers will access it in a single click.
It’s a great option for TikTok content creators who offer custom video requests or Twitter creators who want support from their Tweeps.
In return, you can give them custom video requests, send custom shoutouts, and a thank you note to the anonymous supporters!
5. Collect Emails with Hypage from Your Bio Link
You don’t need to sign up and integrate third-party email marketing platforms like MailChimp and ConvertKit.
Hypage allows you to collect, store, and own emails of your followers and fans directly from your bio link.
All you need is to add an email sign-up block and remind them to leave their emails for future updates and exclusive content!
Hypage Review: How it Works – Design and Customization
My favorite feature about Hypage is its incredibly easy-to-use interface. The developers have done a lot to make things easy for you!
When you log into your dashboard, your projects are the first thing you’ll see. Each project is an individual bio-link.
TIP: Consider each project a different bio-link, website, or brand. Each project is connected to its Hypage subdomain or your custom domain.
Most creators will only need one project as they use only one bio-link across all their platforms.
But some people and brands have multiple accounts on the same platform; in such a case, they will need to create multiple projects.
1. Add Links
When you click “New Project” you will be asked to give it a username. I suggest you use your social media username.
For example, if your TikTok username is @petermurage, add “petermurage” as your Hypage project username when prompted.
You will then be directed to the project dashboard, where you can add links by choosing the type of link you want. They include:
- Regular link or image link; to link to websites and other URLs with or without an image.
- Social media links; to add your social media platforms from Twitter to TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Embed code; to embed code and rich media from various platforms.
- Purchase products or memberships; to let your followers and fans buy digital products or subscriptions right from your bio link.
- Donation; to ask for donations from your fans.
- Take custom fan requests; to get paid for a custom fan request.
In the “Add Link” area, you can also add your contact information if you’d like users to contact you by email and/or phone.
At the bottom are the default social media links to share your main social media profiles, including Pinterest, Twitch, and YouTube.
TIP: You can rearrange the links by dragging and dropping them up or down to put the most important ones at the top.
Once you have added your links, the following customization you need to make is on your Hypage landing page.
You can easily change the background colors by choosing the premade theme colors or adding your branding colors with HEX color codes.
You can also go with a background image and easily adjust the opacity instead of using a background color.
In the design area, you can also add an email collection box to collect emails from your fans and followers directly from the link in bio!
In the settings, you can use the Hypage subdomain like https://hy.page/petermurage or connect a custom domain.
You can also add your Facebook Pixel ID and Google Analytics ID of your custom domain by just copying and pasting on the box.
TIP: You can also add a “featured image” that will show up when you share your Hypage bio link on social media.
The last feature in the customization area is analytics, where you can access total page views, and link clicks.
You can also view the link clicks of each link you added to your Hypage. Such stats are useful as they tell what your fans click the most!
Hypage Review: Pros & Cons
- Plenty of useful features in one easy-to-use platform.
- Super easy to use and customize and takes less than 15 minutes.
- It makes it easy to create a landing page on your custom domain.
- Customize the link color and link background color and use icons.
- Emphasize links with “shake” animation.
- Allows you to schedule links at a specific date for campaigns.
- You can choose to keep links active or hidden.
- Fully customize headline, text, and background colors.
- Use a custom background image instead of a background color.
- Choose text fonts, add your brand name and an email capture box.
- It’s only limited to creators in locations where you can use Stripe.
- Too advanced for people who only want a bio-link tool.
- The developer hasn’t added any new features in the recent past.
Hypage Review: Plans & Pricing
A few months ago, Hypage offered a free plan that allowed new users to sign up and try its features for FREE.
But they no longer have the FREE plan; they instead have a 14-day free trial period that you can cancel anytime.
They have two plans, Pro and Enterprise, with a 60-day refund guarantee. And you can cancel your account anytime!
Pro Plan: $19/Month
- Use up to 3 custom domains.
- Add up to 30 links per page.
- Zero transaction fees – here is where Hypage WINS over Zaap!
- Sell products, accept donations, and take fan requests.
- Embed content and other types of rich media.
- Connect your Stripe or PayPal to receive payments.
- Get basic analytics and stats like clicks and pageviews.
- Remove Hy.page branding.
Enterprise Plan: $39/Month
- Everything you get in the Pro plan.
- Build and sell a subscription to deliver content to your subscribers.
- Build and sell a monthly membership with recurring payments.
- Use up to 6 custom domains.
Hypage is quite an impressive platform with many useful features for creators and brands who want to monetize their social media followers and fans.
But the developer hasn’t added any new features on the platform in the recent past. They have also ceased posting about Hypage on social media.
It’s worth noting that Hypage is based on another platform, Hyax, by the same developer. I suggest you check it out!
That said, some newly built competing platforms like Payhip and Zaap offer similar features plus more and are much more affordable than Hypage.
Zaap, for example, is an all-in-one monetization platform for Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram creators and brands.
In comparison, Zaap only charges $9/month, and they have a FREE plan with everything that most creators need to start monetizing!