Gumroad is one of the most popular all-in-one e-commerce platforms for selling digital products, memberships, subscriptions, and more.
Its easy-to-use but powerful interface made it earn the trust of most creators, artists, and internet entrepreneurs.
But on January 31, 2023, they raised their fees to 10%, meaning that when you sell $100,000, Gumroad TAKES $10,000, which is an insanely huge amount!
And there comes the question, what are the best Gumroad alternatives out there with reasonable fees and better features?
I took my time to test and try dozens of similar platforms, and I’ve compiled the top 10 best Gumroad competitors in 2023 from the best downwards.
1. Payhip – The Perfect All-in-One Gumroad Alternative to Sell Anything Online
It’s by far the easiest to use of all the Gumroad alternatives I tried and tested before compiling this guide!
What I really love about Payhip is its sleek, intuitive user interface that makes for an easy user experience, and of course, its simple but genius pricing model!
They now have over 130,000 sellers, including independent authors, creators, artists, and educators, who make a living doing what they love by selling through Payhip.
Payhip Key Features & Benefits
- Accepts PayPal and Card Payments: Payhip integrates with PayPal and Stripe, which accepts all major cards worldwide to quickly and seamlessly get your money.
- Sell Digital Downloads: It’s your all-in-one solution to sell your eBooks, mini-courses, software, music, podcasts, videos, photos, printables, templates, fonts, and all downloadable digital products (files).
- Create and Sell Online Courses: They offer a wonderful, customizable store builder with a beautiful and powerful course player to make the entire course process a breeze! You can also issue certificates 🙂
- Create and Offer Online Coaching: They directly integrate with Calendly and Zoom for scheduling and video calls for smooth coaching sessions and consultations. And the setup process is dead simple!
- Sell Memberships: You can create premium content and host it for FREE on Payhip so you can start accepting recurring payments from customers. They’ll handle customer management, email updates, and content delivery.
- Sell Physical Products: You don’t need a separate platform like Etsy to sell physical products like clothing, jewelry, and merch. Payhip lets you build an online store, and they manage it and fulfill orders!
- Create Beautiful, Professional Custom Websites and Online Stores: Payhip has an impressively powerful online store builder. You can connect your custom domain and enjoy their FREE hosting and SSL.
- No Coding Required, SEO-Ready, & Mobile Responsive: Whether you’re building a store or a website with a shop, the Payhip platform makes everything dead simple. It also comes with an SEO-ready blogging platform.
- Embeddable Checkout Buttons: Super useful for creators who want to sell from anywhere directly to their customers, whether websites on Webflow or WordPress, or social media platforms like Twitter.
- Responsive, Beautiful Checkout: Often overlooked, Payhip’s checkout is responsive and beautiful to inspire conversion, regardless of whether the customer is on mobile, tablet, PC, or Mac.
- Email Marketing Integrations: Payhip lets you collect and build an email list with major email marketing platforms like MailChimp, Convertkit, and GetReponse with Zapier integration.
- Powerful Built-In Marketing Tools: You can create coupons and offer discounts, upsells, cross-selling, affiliates, referrals, and customer reviews, among other promotions and incentives, to drive sales and conversions.
- Built-in Affiliate System: By harnessing the power of affiliates, your fans, followers, and friends can recruit potential customers and get rewards when you make a sale, which is a win-win!
- A Great, Friendly Customer Support: Payhip has one of the best customer support. You can easily reach them on the platform, send them an email, or even reach them on Twitter.
- Digital EU/UK VAT: They report and pay digital EU/UK VAT on your behalf and assume full responsibility by complying with these laws, so you don’t have to!
- Multi-Language: Payhip understands you want to sell from anywhere worldwide to anybody by running your business in your preferred language. Whether English, Dutch, French, Japanese, Italian, German, Spanish, or Portuguese, Payhip has made this possible!
- The Technical Stuff: They take care of all the technical nitty gritty so you can focus on what you are great at, creating awesome products and getting them to your customers and fans.
- Safe and Secure: Payhip is built for 100% safety and security. They generate, store, and issue license keys to protect your software and stamp PDF files to discourage illegal sharing.
Payhip Drawbacks & Remedies
I encountered a few comments on Twitter where guys claimed the Payhip customer support needs some work!
But this is mostly with new people on Payhip, using the FREE plan, and with no sales or just starting.
Most of these claims seem recent, which is understandable due to the mass Gumroad migrations.
But for most users, especially the paying customers and those with sales, it’s all praises and smiles regarding Payhip customer support.
If you’re just starting on Payhip’s free plan, I suggest you learn the platform before contacting customer support for help.
Like any other platform globally, paying customers will always be prioritized over those using services for free.
Payhip Plans & Pricing
What I love about Payhip is that all its plans have the same features. It’s quite weird, but once you think about it, you learn this is a genius move!
Free Plan: Free Forever for a 5% Transaction Fee
- You access all the features and benefits above for free forever.
- You are only charged a flat 5% transaction fee which is way lower than what Gumroad charges for all users.
- You can sell unlimited products and make unlimited revenue.
TIP: The FREE plan is perfect for beginners and creators with small and irregular sales. You can easily upgrade to the Plus or Pro plans when your business grows.
Plus Plan: $29/Month + 2% Transaction Fee
- You access all the features and benefits above for $29 per month.
- You are also charged a small flat 2% transaction fee on top of the monthly subscription fee.
- You can sell unlimited products and make unlimited revenue.
TIP: The Plus plan is perfect for sellers with a growing business with irregular revenue. Once your business grows, you can switch to the Pro plan.
Pro Plan: $99/Month with NO Transaction Fees
- You access all the features and benefits above for only $99 per month.
- You can sell unlimited products and make unlimited revenue.
TIP: The Pro plan is ideal for sellers migrating from Gumroad and other platforms with large sales. No matter how big your business becomes, you will only have to pay $99/month, even when you make $100k or $1m!
Who is Payhip Best For? – Anyone & Everyone!
Everyone! Yes, Payhip is the perfect Gumroad alternative for everyone who wants to sell anything online from anywhere worldwide!
Its great features, genius pricing model, great customer support, intuitive user interface, and ability to integrate PayPal and Stripe earn it the top spot in this guide.
To try Payhip for yourself, click the link button below. Remember, you can get started for FREE. NO credit card is required!
2. Cartfuel – Best Affordable Gumroad Alternative for Embeddable Checkouts
Like Payhip, Cartfuel is another Gumroad alternative that makes it easy to sell your products online.
With Cartfuel, you can sell digital downloads, create and sell courses, create and sell memberships, and so much more.
I love Cartfuel’s one-click upsell functionality that they claim increases business customer order value by 20%.
Unlike Gumroad, Cartfuel charges ZERO transaction fees. They use Zapier to integrate with most apps for automation.
Cartfuel Key Features & Benefits
- Connect your PayPal and Stripe accounts to accept payments from virtually all over the world.
- Super easy to use and set up. No code is needed; you can start selling in less than 10 minutes.
- Like Payhip, you can sell all downloadable files, from PDF eBooks and mini-courses to photos, software, music, printables, etc.
- You can also sell one-time, recurring subscriptions and memberships, event tickets, physical products, and other services.
- Embed checkout buttons on any website like WordPress, Webflow, Carrd, and other platforms that allow embeds.
- Their payment form builder allows you to create subscriptions, recurring, and one-time payments that are embeddable anywhere.
- Offer order bumps, cross-sells, down sells, and one-click upsells, which can increase your average order value by over 20%.
- Connect your favorite marketing platform like Klaviyo, Sendfox, ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, or Kajabi.
- They offer useful marketing features like coupons, shareable payment links, countdown timers, customer analytics, and webhooks in all their plans.
- Integrates with Rewardful and Partnerstack affiliate management platforms so you can reward your followers, fans, and friends who help you get leads and customers.
- Developers can use Cartfuel API to create powerful, feature-rich add-ons to help other sellers, creators, and entrepreneurs.
- They just had a major backend system update that drastically increases speed, sustainability, and response times!
Cartfuel Drawbacks & Remedies
It lacks a drag-and-drop builder, which could be useful for creating, hosting, and selling online courses.
Unlike Payhip, which has a wonderful page builder, Cartfuel work best for sellers who want to embed checkout buttons on their website.
If you don’t have a website, you can use Cartfuel payment links or Cartfuel templates to sell your digital products direct to customer emails.
Cartfuel Plans & Pricing
Carfuel offers a 14-day free trial. But you must enter your credit or debit card to use the free trial! Click here to learn more on their pricing page.
Growth Plan: $37/Month
- Create checkout buttons that are embeddable anywhere.
- Sell multiple products and make unlimited revenue.
- Includes Zapier integration for automation.
TIP: The Growth plan is ideal for small- to medium-sized sellers who want to sell just a few products.
Professional Plan: $97/Month
- Everything you get in the Growth plan.
- HubSpot integration.
- Create unlimited payment forms and offer unlimited one-click upsells.
TIP: The Pro plan is ideal for sellers with an extensive product catalog.
Who is Cartfuel Best For? – Sellers with Websites!
The major reason why Payhip earned the top spot on this guide was their built-in all-in-one website builder, free hosting, and ease of connecting your custom domain.
But with Cartfuel, you need a website to enjoy its benefits best. That’s because it works well with website builders that allow embeds like WordPress, Webflow, and HubSpot.
Simply put, Cartfuel is the simple and easy-to-use solution for creators with websites who want to embed checkout buttons and take payments! If this is you, get Cartfuel instead of Payhip!
3. Sellfy – Best Gumroad Alternative to Sell Print-on-Demand Merch
Sellfy offers everything you get with Gumroad, plus instant payouts, built-in print-on-demand, and 24/7 customer support.
It’s one of the best Gumroad alternatives for selling print-on-demand like hoodies, t-shirts, mugs, and so much more!
They also have a wonderful video streaming service for video-on-demand that helps reduce the risk of piracy.
Sellfy has a great customer support and an online presence; their Twitter and Instagram are always active, which is a good sign!
Sellfy Key Features & Benefits
- Unlike Gumroad, Sellfy doesn’t charge any transactional costs or hidden fees. Rather, you pay a monthly flat rate.
- But just like Gumroad, you can sell digital products with Sellfy right from the platform or your website.
- Sellfy offers Stripe and PayPal integration to accept payments from anywhere and everywhere.
- Like Payhip and Cartfuel, you can sell all downloadable digital products, from eBooks to videos, audio, printables, and much more!
- They offer PDF stamping that auto-adds buyers’ email addresses to every page of your PDF product file so each customer gets a unique marked file.
- Use their built-in print-on-demand to sell t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, and hats. They Auto-print incoming orders and send them to your customers!
- Create your Sellfy storefront to sell physical products and tangible items like books, crafts, and more!
- Offer video-on-demand coaching sessions to reduce the risk of piracy and eliminate download issues with video streaming.
- Create digital subscription products and memberships and charge your customers weekly, monthly, or annually.
- Use the Sellfy custom, drag-and-drop store editor and themes to create your online store and connect your custom domain in all plans.
- A built-in shopping cart that helps your customers purchase multiple items before they checkout!
- Integrate a Free-forever SSL certificate and optimize your store for mobile devices in all plans for flawless checkout.
- Built-in marketing features like discount codes, email marketing, upsells, and tracking pixels for Facebook and Twitter.
- Embed checkout buttons, product links, and product cards on your website, email, and social media.
- Your customers can access an automatically translated version of your store in multiple languages based on their location.
Sellfy Drawbacks & Remedies
Sellfy has a better social-proof and online presence than Payhip. But doesn’t offer the right features for selling online courses.
In that case, the best alternative is Payhip, which offers a versatile and powerful drag-and-drop editor to create, host, and offer online courses!
If you want to create a great custom website, memberships, and online courses, Payhip is a better alternative with the right features.
Sellfy Plans & Pricing
My favorite feature about Sellfy is the 14-day free trial. No card is required, and you can cancel anytime.
Starter Plan: Starting from $19/Month
- No transaction fees!
- Sell up to $10k annually in revenue.
- Get 2,000 FREE email marketing credits.
- Print-on-demand products.
- Sell digital and physical products.
- Sell one-time and recurring subscriptions.
- Advanced VAT & tax settings.
- 24/7 email support.
- 30-day money-back guarantee!
Business Plan: Starting from $49/Month
- Everything you get in the Starter plan, plus:
- Sell up to $50k annually in revenue.
- Get 10,000 FREE email marketing credits.
- Product upselling and cart abandonment marketing features.
- Remove “Sellfy” branding.
- Get store design migration.
Premium Plan: Starting from $99/Month
- Everything in the Business plan, plus:
- Sell up to $200k annually in revenue.
- Get 50,000 FREE email marketing credits.
- Get priority 24/7 email support.
- Get product migration.
NOTE: Sellfy offers custom plans for high-volume sellers with more than $200k in sales per here. It’s quite useful if you’re migrating from Gumroad with such huge sales. Click here to contact Sellfy support!
Who is Sellfy Best For? – Sell Print-on-Demand!
Sellfy has great customer support and offers instant payouts on top of ZERO transaction fees, which makes it a solid Gumroad alternative!
Yet, the main reason it has appeared third on the list is its terrific built-in print-on-demand and video-on-demand features.
If this sounds like something you want to sell flawlessly, you have a reason to consider Sellfy over Payhip and Gumroad!
4. Mighty Networks – Best All-in-One Community Memberships and Course Builder
Sellfy and Cartfuel are excellent Gumroad alternatives, but they don’t offer a solution for building, hosting, and selling courses.
In that case, I recommend Mighty Networks, a super affordable but solid alternative to expensive course platforms like Kajabi!
With Mighty Networks, you can create, host, and sell courses, coaching programs, podcasts, masterclasses, training, and other community memberships.
Mighty Networks Key Features & Benefits
- Offers customizable Spaces that blend built-in community forums, member profiles, messaging and chats, and native live streaming and video.
- You can create unlimited Spaces with unlimited members and admins and sell courses and community memberships together.
- Allows you to choose different pricing tiers, bundles, and subgroups for selling memberships.
- You can organize your Space community around Chats or Feeds. Chat is a dynamic experience with beautiful embeds and GIFs.
- Its business plan has an intuitive course builder that allows you to create and sell awesome pre-made and live online courses.
- Beginners can create simple, minimalist content-only courses with beautifully structured content.
- It has a “discovery” feature that lets you highlight featured content, members, and events in a Space.
- You can create a tab in a Space that’s just a web page with rich content, embedded graphics, and even videos.
- The Business plan lets you create a cohort-based course with a Feed and/or Chat by organizing a Space.
- Automate emails and CRM with integrations into your sales funnels. With their Zapier integrations, you can connect ConvertKit, HubSpot, ThriveCart, and more!
- Mighty Networks is ranked as the number one community management software by G2.
Mighty Networks Drawbacks & Remedies
Mighty Networks is not a solution for selling digital products like eBooks, mini-courses, or even physical products.
In that case, you should consider Payhip, the perfect platform for selling digital downloads. Or Sellfy for print-on-demand digital products!
Mighty Networks was built for creating, hosting, and selling memberships and online courses.
Mighty Networks Plans & Pricing
Like Sellfy, Mighty Networks offers free trials on its plans. No card is required, and you can cancel anytime.
The Community Plan: $39/Month
- Build a community with native live streaming and video.
- Allows Events and Zoom integration.
- Community spaces include chats and messaging.
- Only create memberships!
- All on your own branded website!
TIP: The Community plan is best for beginners into paid memberships.
The Business Plan: $119/Month
- You get everything in the Community plan, plus:
- Offer online courses.
- Live Cohort course creation.
- Featured Pages & Events.
- Get analytics & member data.
- Zapier APIs & Workflows.
TIP: The Business Plan is perfect for creators and entrepreneurs who want to grow a business with community memberships, online courses, and more!
The Mighty Pro: Contact Support for Custom Pricing
- Best for thriving businesses and brands.
- You get your own branded iOS and Android apps.
- Branded App notifications.
- White-labeled app and web experience.
- Strategy and migration services and support.
NOTE: Mighty Networks allows both monthly and annual subscriptions. You also get two months FREE with an annual purchase!
Who is Mighty Networks Best For? – Community Memberships & Course Creators!
Hands down, Mighty Networks is the perfect Gumroad alternative for community memberships and online courses.
It offers rich feature sets to create, host, and sell memberships and courses. It also offers easy scalability as your business grows!
Might Networks is the right solution for course creators who want cheaper and better-built alternatives to expensive platforms like Kajabi.
5. Zaap – Best Gumroad Alternative for Selling Digital Products at Only 3% Fees
Zaap is the perfect Gumroad alternative for beginners who want to sell digital products like eBooks and mini-courses online.
Unlike Gumroad, it only charges a very low 3% fee per transaction. There are no monthly costs or other fishy hidden charges.
TIP: The Zaap Creator Success Manager offers free migration from Gumroad to Zaap. Click here to contact Zaap customer support for this service!
Zaap Key Features & Benefits
- An awesome drag-and-drop, customizable builder that is super-easy to use for creating product pages.
- Connect your Stripe and PayPal accounts to maximize sales by collecting payments from anywhere and everywhere!
- An impressive, frictionless single-page checkout for more sales. It has well-placed buttons for paying with a card or PayPal.
- With Zaap, you can sell digital products like eBooks, mini-courses, music, printables, downloads, etc., and lead magnets.
- Collect and build an email list and send unlimited email newsletters to your audience. You don’t need to integrate a third-party platform like MailChimp or ConvertKit to collect or send emails.
- Access built-in advanced analytics and stats or connect to Google Analytics to best understand your traffic demographics and behavior.
- Connecting a custom domain lets you turn your product page into a branded website.
- The Zaap page builder has Sync blocks to auto-sync your latest social media content and increase your social media growth.
- Zaap offers custom awards to sellers who reach $1k in revenue, which is a wonderful way to motivate sellers and creators.
Zaap Drawbacks & Remedies
Zaap doesn’t offer the right features to create, host, and sell memberships and detailed online courses.
But that’s not what Zaap was designed to do! Zaap is the perfect solution for social media and YouTube creators to sell eBooks, mini-courses, and other digital downloads.
Do you want to sell a PDF eBook or mini-course that teaches your audience something? If this is you, then Zaap is your perfect platform!
Zaap Plans & Pricing
Zaap offers two pricing models. A free plan with a 3% transaction fee, which is way lower than Gumroad charges, and a Pro plan for $9/month.
FREE Plan: Free Forever
- 3% transaction fee.
- Create unlimited projects and pages.
- Sell unlimited digital downloads, eBooks, and mini-courses.
- Embed YouTube videos, Tweets.
- Collect email addresses.
TIP: Best for beginner creators who want to start selling and then upgrade once they start growing.
Pro Plan: $9/Month or $79/Year
- Everything you get in the free plan.
- Connect a custom domain to customize your brand.
- Remove Zaap’s branding to own your brand.
- Auto-Sync the latest YouTube videos, TikToks, and Tweets.
- Connect Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
- Connect 3rd party email integrations like MailChimp.
- Get a Blue verified badge!
TIP: The Pro plan is perfect for creators who want to scale their business with automation and targeted marketing!
Zaap also offers a custom plan for agencies and enterprises at custom pricing. It’s ideal for agencies with multiple brands.
This custom plan allows agencies to create unlimited pro Projects and get a dedicated personal account manager for 24/& priority support.
Who is Zaap Best For? – Beginner Digital Products Creators!
I recommend Zaap to Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and other social media creators who want to create and sell eBooks, mini-courses, mockups, printables, and other digital products.
At Zaap, you can start for free, quickly, and easily! Everything you need to run your creator business is available in one place, with no complicated integrations.
Are you an eBook or mini-course creator? What are you waiting for? Hop into Zaap and start selling your digital products for FREE!
With SendOwl, you can sell virtually anything online. It offers all the features you need to sell anything from digital products to courses, tickets, and merch.
They don’t specialize in one type of service like Mighty Networks’ community memberships, nor are they great at one area like Sellfy’s print-on-demand or super easy to use like Zaap.
And unlike Payhip, they don’t have the best-in-class user interface. The only reason I would recommend SendOwl is its simple and transparent pricing.
SendOwl Key Features & Benefits
- A one-stop platform to sell all types of digital products quickly and scale efficiently, from stamped-PDF eBooks to printables, music, video tutorials, and so much more.
- Apart from downloadable digital products, you can also sell physical merch, product subscriptions, community memberships, codes & license keys, and drip content. Simply put, anything and everything!
- SendOwl lets you customize your storefront, checkout templates, email templates, and embedded buttons to your custom branding. But their user interface needs improvement for an easy user experience.
- You can automate your marketing workflows with discounts and promo codes, 1-click upsells, cart abandonment, built-in affiliate marketing, and product gifting.
- Plenty of great security feature sets like PDF stamping, a limit on the number of downloads, controlled video & audio streaming, a time limit on download links, and 2-factor authentication to keep your account safe.
- In-depth stats on orders that include order reports, zero download reports, complete download reports, discount code reports, income reports, upsell reports, and abandoned cart analytics to optimize your sales.
- Like Payhip, SendOwl promises to take care of all the relevant admin tasks like EU VAT rules, tax management, API access, and fraud filtering so that you can focus on selling.
- Other features include a shopping cart, multi-language support, flexible payment options to boost sales, and payment links that you can easily share on your social media sites like TikTok and Twitter.
- SendOwl integrates Stripe and PayPal so you can get paid by Card and PayPal. You can also integrate other payment getaways like Apple Pay, IDeal, Bancontact, SoFort, Bitpay, Giropay, and Alipay to receive payments from any location worldwide!
SendOwl Drawbacks & Remedies
SendOwl promises creators that they can sell anything digital, anywhere online. But their platform offers limited customization options.
Other platforms like Mighty Networks, Payhip, and Zaap have plenty of customization options for branding.
But the only area in which SendOwl beat the competition is its great security features like PDF stamps, download limits, and more.
Due to the limited customizations, SendOwl would only suit creators who want to integrate checkout buttons into their blogs, websites, and Shopify.
SendOwl Plans & Pricing
The most impressive thing about SendOwl is its flexible pricing that fits any individual creator and business.
Like Payhip, all SendOwl’s plans have all the features. There is no feature gating or demands to upgrade to “full unlock” its potential.
Free Plan: FREE Forever
- Enjoy all its features and benefits for FREE.
- Only pay a 5% transaction fee per order.
- You access a storage size of up to 10GB.
NOTE: Minimum order value is capped at $0.50 to discourage selling freebies and “almost free” products.
Starter Plan: $15/Month + $0.40 Order Fee
- You still access all its features and benefits.
- At a $15/month subscription plus $0.40 per order.
- You get a storage size of up to 100GB.
A Few Things to Note:
The extra $0.40 order fee means that SendOwl will take $0.40 for every product you sell.
For example, if you sell 1,000 eBooks at $2.99, SendOwl takes $400 on top of the $15 monthly subscription fee, while you will make about $2,590.
Still, if you sell 100 eBooks at $9.99, SendOwl will take $40 on top of the $15 monthly subscription, while you will make about $959.
Pro Plan: $39/Month + $0.30 Order Fee
- You still access all its features and benefits.
- At a $15/month subscription plus $0.30 per order.
- You get a storage size of up to 200GB.
TIP: The Starter and Pro plans offer a 14-day free trial to try all the great SendOwl features.
Who is SendOwl Best For? – Creators with Linktree & Shopify!
I tried out SendOwl, and it’s more of a “shopping cart and checkout” platform than an all-in-one platform to sell digital products.
The excellent Gumroad alternatives like Payhip, Cartfuel, and Mighty Networks do much more than SendOwl and for a dedicated market segment!
For these reasons, I recommend SendOwl to creators with established websites to embed the checkout buttons. They have also partnered with Linktree, Stripe Apps, and Shopify by making it easy to sell on the platfoms with embeddable checkout buttons and checkout links.
Yet, if all you want is embeddable checkouts for your website, then Cartfuel is a much better alternative since this is their unique feature!
The only area where SendOwl beats Cartfuel on embeddable checkout buttons is its impressive security features like PDF stamps.
7. Hypage – Best Gumroad Alternative for TikTok, Facebook, and Instagram Creators
Hypage lets you sell digital products like eBooks, mini-courses, premium videos, and any digital download at ZERO FEES!
They handle file hosting, delivery, payment, security, and user access, making it a perfect Gumroal alternative!
Simply put, Hypage is the perfect Zaap alternative and, therefore, a solid Gumroad alternative for beginner digital product creators.
Hypage Key Features & Benefits
- Hypage makes selling downloadable digital products online easy with their built-in file delivery system.
- You can also create recurring subscriptions by setting up recurring payments from your community members who access gated content.
- With community memberships, you can create premium content and charge weekly, monthly, or annual access fees.
- You can also accept donations and requests from your fans and followers on top of what you make by selling digital products.
- Use a custom domain, like www.yourname.com, for your landing page, which gives you full control of your branding! Just like Zaap!
- Hypage’s easy-to-use interface makes it easy to set up and use. And unlike Gumroad, they charge no transaction fees.
- Collect emails (leads) directly from your storefront and integrate other email marketing automation tools like MailChimp!
- Connect your PayPal and Stripe accounts so you can be paid straight into your bank and receive payments from anywhere in the world.
- Allows you to add the Facebook Pixel, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics for more in-depth tracking.
Hypage Drawbacks & Remedies
Hypage is a blend of a Gumroad alternative, a Linktree alternative, and a Patreon alternative in an easy-to-use platform.
But it lacks the rich feature sets that attract creators and sellers with large order volumes and revenue.
This platform would suit beginner to mid-level social media creators who want to sell digital products easily and collect payments.
Hypage Plans & Pricing
Unlike Zaap, Hypage doesn’t offer a FREE plan; they instead have a 14-day free trial period that you can cancel anytime.
Pro Plan: $19/Month
- Use up to 3 custom domains.
- Add up to 30 links per page.
- Zero transaction fees – here is where Hypage WINS over Zaap!
- Sell products, accept donations, and take fan requests.
- Embed content and other types of rich media.
- Connect your Stripe or PayPal to receive payments.
- Get basic analytics and stats like clicks and pageviews.
- Remove Hy.page branding.
TIP: You can change your plan or cancel your account anytime, and they have a 60-day refund guarantee.
Enterprise Plan: $39/Month
- Everything you get in the Pro plan.
- Build and sell a subscription to deliver content to your subscribers.
- Build and sell a monthly membership with recurring payments.
- Use up to 6 custom domains.
NOTE: Hypage is excellent! Even better than Zaap. But at only $9/month, Zaap is much more affordable for most content creators!
Who is Hypage Best For? – Social Media Creators!
Hypage lets you create a simple, custom landing page as your storefront for selling digital products and premium membership subscriptions.
The platform is easy to navigate, even for beginners without website-building experience.
With Hypage, you can sell downloadable digital products like eBooks, mini-courses, premium videos, license keys, and more.
But it needs the rich feature sets that would make it the right platform for serious content creators and sellers.
8. SamCart – Best Gumroad Alternative for Creators with Large Sale Volumes & Revenue
Whether you are selling downloadable digital products or online services, SamCart promises it’s the easiest way to start accepting orders.
Over 40,000 businesses trust SamCart. It has fulfilled over 9.7 million products and has processed over $2.8 billion in revenue.
Like Sellfy and Payhip, SamCart is a solid all-in-one eCommerce platform that allows you to sell everything from eBooks to online courses and coaching.
SamCart Key Features & Benefits
- Sell downloadable digital products like eBooks, mini-courses, and physical products like books and t-shirts.
- Create community memberships and online courses, offer coaching services, offer consulting to your clients, and more!
- Create advanced monthly subscriptions with free trials, payment plans, and dollar trials to sell your premium content with recurring revenue.
- Like Payhip, SamCart lets you easily customize your store and connect a custom domain with their intuitive drag-and-drop builder.
- Plenty of pre-designed templates allow you to create beautiful store pages easily so you can start selling.
- One unique feature of SamCart is their One-Touch purchase buttons that speed checkout with digital wallets like Apple Pay, Google Play, and more!
- They also allow localization such that you can sell in any language or currency to any customer anywhere in the world.
- They also offer many integration options with Zapier, from HubSpot to Stripe, PayPal, MailChimp, Keap, ConvertKit, WordPress, and More!
- Excellent revenue optimization features like pre-purchase order bumps, one-click upsells, A/B testing, and smart pixel tracking.
- Other features to promote sales include a built-in affiliate center, cart abandonment, and built-in subscription saver.
- They handle the admin end of the business, like Taxes, VAT, and prepayment processing, so you can focus on creating and selling!
- Impressive security features like built-in SSL, secure checkouts, and leading industry reliability with 99.9% uptime!
SamCart Drawbacks & Remedies
SamCart is a solid platform with rich feature sets that most beginner to mid-level creators never need!
[QUOTE] Think of SamCart as a reasonably priced Kajabi alternative with everything you need to sell online courses, yoga classes, personalized consulting, and thousands of digital products.
Beginners to the platform will also experience a learning curve, but they offer plenty of onboarding webinars and migration support to get you started.
With that in mind, SamCart isn’t suitable for creators who want an easy-to-use platform, but it’s the perfect solution for serious creators with large sales!
SamCart Plans & Pricing
Unlike Payhip, SamCart doesn’t have a FREE plan. Instead, they offer a 7-day FREE trial that you can cancel anytime.
Launch Plan: $59/Month
- Best for beginner sellers who want to launch their business and create a beautiful one-page website to showcase their products.
- Includes all the SamCart core features and benefits and allows you to add one admin user.
- You get all the standard integrations, email support, and virtual onboarding webinars.
- SamCart offers flexible customer billing options, dashboard and sales reports, and weekly webinars.
Grow Plan: $199/Month
- Best for growing sellers who want to convert more visitors into paying customers and increase the value of each purchase.
- Includes all the SamCart Launch plan features and benefits and allows you to add up to three admin users.
- You also get enhanced integrations, 1-day email support, and a 1:1 launch support call with SamCart experts (annual plans only).
- Access to profit accelerator package that includes post-purchase upsells and order bumps collections.
- Access to marketing accelerator package that includes built-in SEO engine, UTM tracking, and marketing reports.
- Access to conversion accelerator package that includes custom checkout fields and multiple customer payment options.
- You also enjoy the benefits of the insights accelerator package that includes on-demand executive reports.
Scale Plan: $299/Month
- Best for sellers who want to scale their business with advanced features like custom CRM and API integrations, A/B testing, and the affiliate center.
- Includes all the SamCart Grow plan features and benefits and allows you to add up to ten admin users.
- You also get priority email support and a dedicated SamCard expert ( annual plans only).
- Access advanced growth package that includes cart abandonment conversion, subscription saver, and automated executive insight reports.
Who is SamCart Best For? – An Affordable Kajabi Alternative!
SamCart is a platform for serious sellers and course creators who want an affordable Kajabi alternative.
And for that reason, it’s also the perfect solution for creators who want a Gumroad alternative to handle large order volumes.
That said, most creators and sellers would appreciate the ease of using other alternatives like Payhip, Cartfuels, and Zaap.
9. Easy Digital Downloads – Best Gumroad Alternative to Sell Digital Products With WordPress
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) is a premium WordPress plugin allowing you to sell digital products from your WordPress blog.
Over 50,000 WordPress bloggers and creators trust and sell their products with EDD, from eBooks to PDF files, software, and more!
This WordPress plugin is the perfect Gumroad alternative for creators and developers with WordPress websites.
Easy Digital Downloads Key Features & Benefits
- Allows you to connect Stripe, PayPal, Google Play, and Apple Pay to start accepting payments easily worldwide.
- It offers a shopping cart with customizable action button text and supports Stripe and PayPal for FREE.
- EDD offers detailed reporting to gain actionable insights into your business and track refunds, and you can export store data to CSV files for analysis.
- Offers order management where you can manage order status and reassign customer details, plus role-based capabilities and advanced refunds feature.
- Customer management, where you can view, edit, or delete any customer record, track their lifetime value, and create a customer account page.
- Allows unlimited file downloads, so there are no limitations when distributing digital products.
- You can create and offer discount codes at flat or percentage rates to encourage customers to buy more products.
- Like most other Gumroad alternatives, EDD integrates with your favorite services like Zapier, MailChimp, Dropbox, Slack, AWeber, AffiliateWP, and more!
- They also offer free themes and templates to help you create your WordPress store and start selling your digital products at scale.
Easy Digital Downloads Drawbacks & Remedies
Easy Digital Downloads was designed to allow WordPress creators, developers, and bloggers to sell digital products on WordPress.
Therefore, you need a WordPress blog or website to sell with EDD. If you don’t have one, you can learn how to start a WordPress blog here!
Easy Digital Downloads Plans & Pricing
Easy Digital Downloads doesn’t offer a free plan or a free trial, but all their plans come with an unconditional 14-day money-back guarantee.
Personal Plan: $99.50/Year
- Includes everything you need to get started with EDD.
- Use on one WordPress site to sell unlimited products and process unlimited transactions.
- There are no monthly fees, listing fees, or other hidden charges.
- Connect email marketing tools like MailChimp, AWeber, ConvertKit, and so on to boost revenue.
- Enjoy all its eCommerce features like detailed reporting, custom discounts, customer management, shopping cart, and mobile app.
- Accept payments via PayPal, Credit and Debit Cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- You also get plugin updates and standard support.
Extended Plan: $199.50/Year
- Includes everything in the personal plan, plus extended functionalities to improve customer experience with no transaction fees!
- Allows you to accept recurring payments with automatic billing, offer free trials, and send payment updates and renewal reminder emails.
- You can also charge your customers setup fees and offer flexible payment plans.
- Access advanced marketing tools to build lead magnets, sell product bundles, collect reviews, and enjoy multi-currency support.
- Enjoy advanced payment methods like store credit, Authorize.net, offset gateway fees, accept checks, and conditional gateway support.
Professional Plan: $299.50/Year
- Includes everything in the extended plan, plus professional functionalities to transform your business model.
- Lets you improve average order value with recommended products, customer wish lists, and recently viewed products.
- Offers advanced features like shipping physical items, sale push notifications, customer file uploads, custom checkout fields, and showing limited inventory.
- It lets you run a marketplace by managing vendors, allowing product submissions, and paying commissions.
- Offer software licensing by selling licensed software, full licensing API, upgradable products, release updates, renewal reminder emails, and staged rollouts.
- You also get plugin updates and premium support.
All Access Pass: $499.50/Year
- Includes everything in the professional plan, plus access to all features EDD offers now and in the future!
- Use on three WordPress sites to sell unlimited products and process unlimited transactions at no transaction fees.
- Access to over 78+ add-ons, plugin updates, and premium customer support.
- Offer the best customer experience by rewarding customers, sending conditional product emails, product comparisons, user history, and email attachments.
- Improve store management with Slack integration, message customers, resend receipts, set custom product terms, and version control integrations.
- Enjoy advanced accounting with order number customization, build advanced reports, bulk generate discounts, import discounts, track analytics campaigns, and set fraud prevention.
Who is Easy Digital Downloads Best For? – WordPress Sellers!
Easy Digital Downloads is a perfect Gumroal alternative for creators, bloggers, and sellers with WordPress websites.
It’s the right platform to sell digital products like PDF files, eBooks, software, and more from your WordPress website.
10. MemberPress – Best Gumroad Alternative to Sell Online Courses & Memberships with WordPress
Easy Digital Downloads lets you sell digital downloads on WordPress, but MemberPress offers more!
MemberPress is your all-in-one WordPress membership plugin to create and sell online courses and manage memberships and subscriptions.
MemberPress Key Features & Benefits
- Like EDD, you can use MemberPress to sell digital downloads like eBooks, software, PDF files, and more.
- The main feature of MemberPress is its paywall power with access rules that puts you in control of your content at the click of a button.
- Build a membership community with premium content and a tribe of customers with similar goals!
- Create, host, and sell online courses with the MemberPress’ powerful LMS platform, making it easy for anyone to build and sell online courses.
- Generate and offer customized coupons with expiration dates and the number of uses to sell more and keep your customers returning.
- Drip content that keeps your content irresistible and your customers’ interest alive with time releases and access expiration.
- MemberPress is a super easy-to-use plugin. No tech, design, or coding skills are needed to start selling with this tool!
- Built-in ReadyLaunch™ page maker that lets you create beautiful, high-converting, mobile-responsive pages in minutes!
- It also includes the Easy Affiliate WordPress plugin and WordPress Subscription plugin.
- Accept payment via Apple Pay, Google Wallet, credit and debit cards, check, and PayPal, so you never miss a sale!
MemberPress Drawbacks & Remedies
MemberPress lets you take full control of your business. You only need to create a WordPress website once and own the platform.
But it doesn’t work with non-WordPress websites like Webflow, Wix, and so on! In that case, I recommend using Payhip or Cartfuel embeddable buttons.
MemberPress Plans & Pricing
Like Easy Digital Downloads, MemberPress doesn’t offer a free plan or a free trial, but all their plans come with a 14-day 100% refund money-back guarantee.
Basic Plan: $179.50/Year
- Perfect for beginners who are starting their first membership site.
- Use on one site with unlimited members and offer unlimited courses.
- Access Stripe and PayPal integration.
- No monthly fees or transaction fees.
- Access MemberPress subscription management, email automation, and drip content.
- Enjoy the benefits of ReadyLaunch™ Page Maker, coupon codes, content protection, and advanced publisher payroll.
- Benefit from basic Add-ons and integrations like reCaptcha and email marketing integrations.
Plus Plan: $269.55/Year
- Perfect for freelancers and creative entrepreneurs who want to scale their membership sites.
- Includes all the Basic plan features and can be used on up to two WordPress sites.
- Benefit from advanced marketing integrations like ActiveCampaign and ConvertKit.
- Create unlimited Quizzes and certificates and sell podcast memberships with advanced customizations.
- Use Zapier to integrate over 2000+ platforms.
- Use Forums Add-on and Communities Add-on.
- Benefit from HelpScout Integration and Developer tools Add-on.
Pro Plan: $319.60/Year
- Perfect for professionals who want to create advanced membership sites with massive traffic, products, and sales.
- Includes all the Basic plan and Plus plan features and can be used on up to five WordPress sites.
- Access Authorize.net integration and TaxJar integration.
- Sell corporate accounts and gifted memberships.
- 3 Months of Free Access to OptinMonster & OptinMonster University and 3 Months Free of TrustPulse.
TIP: All the MemberPress plans come with #1 top-rated support. The Basic plan offers standard support, the Plus plan offers priority support, and the Pro plan offers premium support!
Who is MemberPress Best For? – All WordPress Creators!
MemberPress is a super easy-to-use and set-up WordPress membership plugin. It’s also reasonably priced and powerful!
You can monetize your WordPress blog by making it a perfect membership site and putting a paywall to control who sees the premium content. Or use the Courses Add-on to create and sell courses from the platform.
It also allows you to securely sell digital products and accept PayPal payments, credit and debit cards, and digital wallets!